Here are some ideas to get you started on your spring home improvement project list. These tips can improve your home’s exterior and curb appeal, and add value to your home.
- Washing the Exterior: This is an affordable way to spruce up the exterior of your home and add curb appeal. You can clean your siding, your driveway, sidewalks, paved walkways, decks and most fences with a pressure washer. If you don’t own one, you can rent one inexpensively at a local home improvements store. Just remember to read the instructions carefully to make sure you don’t strip paint on some materials.
- Fences: Adding a fence to your property not only enhances the exterior of your home, but also adds security and safety, and can add functionality to your outdoor areas. We construct wood, vinyl, aluminum and chain link fence, and have many sizes and styles available.
- Arbors: Adding an arbor is an inexpensive way to enhance your outdoor area and add a welcoming feel to your entryway. We carry both vinyl and wood arbors designed to suit the style of your home.
- Painting: If you cleaned the exterior of your house and it still looks dingy or faded, you may want to consider a paint job. Painting your home can have a huge impact. If painting your entire home is too pricy right now, consider updating or painting just the trim and window treatments on the exterior of your home instead.
- Pergolas: Pergolas make a great addition to an outdoor area. A pergola can be used to add a seating area, picnic/barbecue area to a patio, or even to add a shaded area over a hot tub. Pergolas can be constructed from wood, aluminum or vinyl. We build many styles and sizes of pergolas. Ask us for an estimate to suit your outdoor needs.
- Landscaping: Your landscaping (or lack of) can really impact your home. Strategically placed shrubs, trees and bushes can set your home apart from the rest on your block. Landscaping can be very affordable if you do it yourself. It’s also equally important to keep your lawn nicely mowed, and prune your shrubs and trees as needed.
- Decks: Decks provide a great place to relax, entertain outdoors, and spend time with friends and family. We construct decks from many materials including wood, vinyl and Trex. We can help you to design and build the deck you’ve been dreaming about.
- Decorations: If you still feel like your home’s exterior is lacking appeal, consider some simple decorations to enhance your outdoor space. A porch swing, a park bench, a fire pit, or some nice outdoor seating may be all you need to add to complete the look you want for your yard and property.
There are many ways to improve the look of the exterior of your home without breaking the bank. Give us a call and we can give you an estimate and help you plan your next outdoor project.